- Barbell curl is a bicep exercise and this is the excellent exercise that helps you to increase the size of the biceps.
- When you performing barbell curl its target your biceps and forearm muscles, these are only two muscles involved when you lift the weight.
- In other words, means that barbell curl mainly targets your bicep brachii muscles that is long head of the biceps.
- This is the perfect exercise for increasing your biceps size and it makes the strength in your bicep.
- This exercise works both the inside and outside the biceps.
TRAINER’S TIPS :
- Stand straight with a barbell in your hands, chest up and shoulder down directly in front of the bar.
- Hold the bar as same as your shoulder width with both arms extended downwards and your palms facing upwards. this is your starting position.
- Lift the bar upward in an arc towards your upper chest and your elbows should be locked to your sides.
- Give a pause at the top for a second and then come back slowly to the starting position.
- When you curl the barbell upwards don’t use your body weight.
- At the top position, you have to squeeze your biceps tightly.
- Most important thing is inhaling and then the curl bar and exhale as you complete the movement.
- make sure that choose a weight according to your self that is not too heavy or nor light that you don’t feel the movement.
- PLease, remember that heavy doesn’t matter but you have to do in the proper and in the right way. Your form should be accurate.
- you can perform in the first or second exercise of your biceps workout.
- you can do 3 – 4 sets of 10 – 12 reps of heavy weight if your focus is mass gaining.
- If your focus is fat loss then you can do 4 – 5 sets of 18 – 20 reps of lightweight.
ALTERNATIVE OF THIS EXERCISE:
- Preacher curl
- Dumbbell curl
A. IS YOUR INITIAL POSITION
B. IS YOUR FINAL POSITION
ELBOWS SHOULD BE LOCK TO YOUR SIDES
A. GO FULL RANGE
B. GET FULL STRETCH