- Close grip pulldown is one of the best exercises to build a wide back.
- Close grip pulldown better stimulates and build the inner part of the upper lat.
- Trained the lat muscles is most difficult and this is the entire muscle of the body so that you should be performed the close grip pulldown exercise. its gives you the better illusion of the back.
TRAINERS’ TIPS :
- Attach a V-bar to the lat pulldown machine and hold the V-bar by your palms facing each other. ( You can also use the bar but v-bar gives you the better grip )
- Sit on the lat pulldown machine and your thighs must be tightly secured under the pad.
- Grab the V-bar and pull the weight in front of you and its position at the upper part of the chest.
- while you pulling the V-bar your back should be straight and also your elbows should be facing downwards.
- Give a pause at the bottom for a second and then slowly back to the starting position.
- Most important thing is inhaling and then pull the bar and exhale as you complete the movement.
- Make sure that choose a weight according to your self that is not too heavy and not to sway with the weight.
- Don’t take them a too much lightweight that you don’t feel the movement.
- Please, remember that heavyweight doesn’t matter but you have to do in the proper and in the right way. Your form should be accurate.
- If you want to build a muscular strength and mass gain then you can do 2 – 3 sets of 8 – 10 repetitions and try to increase the weight after each set or repetitions.
- You can do 3 – 4 sets of 8 – 10 reps of heavy weight if your focus is a mass gain. Make sure that try to increase the weight after each set or repetitions also.
- If your focus is fat loss then you can do 4 – 5 sets of 18 – 20 reps of lightweight.
ALTERNATIVE OF CLOSE GRIP LAT PULLDOWN:
- V-bar pullups
STEP 1 IS YOUR INITIAL POSITION
STEP 2 IS YOUR FINAL POSITIONIf
TARGETS ON YOUR TRAPEZIUS MUSCLES ( MIDDLE AND LOWER ), TERES MAJOR MUSCLES, PECTORALIS MAJOR MUSCLES, AND LATISSIMUS DORSI MUSCLES.
GO FULL RANGE
GET FULL STRETCH