- Concentration curl is one of the important and excellent exercises that helps you in increasing the size of the biceps. And also this exercise helps you in building a great looking biceps.
- When you perform the concentration curl it targets on your peak of the biceps. This movement is very effective for developing the peak of the biceps which is very beneficial.
- This exercises mainly targets your brachialis muscle that is outer biceps muscles and also targets your brachii muscle that is long head and short head of the biceps.
- This exercise works with the whole bicep while also provide a secondary forearm workout.
- A common mistake when performing the Concentration curl is using a high weight, but don’t use a high weight because this is shaping exercises, not a mass building one, a lower weight should be used.
TRAINER’S TIPS :
- Sit on the end of the flat bench with your legs apart. Grab a dumbbell in one hand with your palm facing upward and rest your elbow on the inside of your thigh. This is your starting position.
- Slowly curl the dumbbell upward in an arc towards your shoulder and your elbow should be locked in place against your thigh.
- At the top position, you have to squeeze your bicep tightly.
- Give a pause at the top position for a second and then come back slowly to the starting position and repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
- Most important thing is inhaling and then curl the dumbbell and exhale as you complete the movement.
- Choose a weight according to your self that is not too heavy or nor too much light that you don’t feel the movement.
- please, remember heavyweight doesn’t matter but you have to do in proper and in the right way.
- Just do 1 -2 sets of 10 – 12 reps of lightweight, if you are a beginner.
- You can do 3 – 4 sets of 10 – 12 reps of heavy weight if your focus is mass gaining.
- If your focus is fat loss then you can do 4 – 5 sets of 15 – 18 reps of lightweight.
ALTERNATIVE OF THIS EXERCISE :
- Cabel preacher curl
- Incline dumbbell curl
STEP 1. IS YOUR INITIAL POSITION
STEP 2. IS YOUR FINAL POSITION
GO FULL RANGE
GET FULL STRETCH
TARGETS ON YOUR BRACHIALIS MUSCLE THAT IS OUTER BICEP MUSCLE AND ALSO TARGETS THE BRACHII MUSCLE THAT IS LONG HEAD AND SHORT HEAD OF THE BICEP. While also provide a secondary forearm workout.