BENEFITS OF THIS EXERCISE :
- By doing decline dumbbell bench press lower portion of your chest is get more stimulant, while doing with dumbbells on the decline bench.
- whereas the barbell bench provides a balance to your body.
- By doing the decline dumbbell press, your shoulders and your triceps are getting a benefit.
- Decline dumbbell bench press mainly targets your lower chest while also provide a secondary workout to the shoulder and triceps.
TRAINER’S TIPS :
- Tightly secure your legs at the end of the decline bench holder, and slowly lay down on the bench.
- Make sure that your angle of a body on a decline bench is 30 degree.
- Hold a pair of dumbbells, if you are using heavy weight then ask your partner to give the dumbbell to you while you lay down on the bench.
- When you lay down to keep the dumbbells in front of your shoulders width.
- Start by pushing the dumbbell upward in such a way that your palms facing away from you.
- Then come down slowly until you feel your dumbbells comes to the side of your chest.
- While pushing the dumbbells upwards or at the top position to have to squeeze your chest muscles.
- Most important thing is inhaling and then push the dumbbells and exhale as you complete the movement.
- Make sure that keep full control on the dumbbells at all the time throughout this workout.
- While you pushing the dumbbells upwards make sure that your neck and your back resting on the bench and is not lifting any time.
- carry weight according to your self as much as you can or nor too much lightweight that you feel the movement.
- Please, remember heavy doesn’t matter but you have to do in the proper and in the right way. Your form should be accurate.
- If you want to build a muscular strength and mass gain then you can 2 – 3 sets of 8 – 10 repetitions and try to increase the weight after each set or repetitions also.
- You can do 3 – 4 sets of 8 – 10 reps if your focus is mass gaining. Try to increase the weight after each set.
- If your focus is fat loss, so you can do 4 – 5 sets of 15 – 18 reps.
ALTERNATIVE OF THIS EXERCISE :
- You can use an exercise band or barbell to perform this exercise
- Decline barbell bench press
- Flat barbell bench press – medium grip
GO FULL RANGE
GET FULL STRETCH