- DUMBBELL CURL is one of the basic and excellent exercises that help you to increase the size of the biceps.
- When you performing dumbbell curl its target your biceps and forearms muscles, these are only two muscles when you lift the weight.
- In other words, means that dumbbell curl mainly targets your bicep brachii muscles that is long head of the biceps.
- dumbbell curl is an important part of biceps training routine.
- This is the perfect exercise for increasing your biceps size and it makes the strength in your biceps.
- This exercise works both inside and outside the biceps.
TRAINER’S TIPS :
- Stand straight with a dumbbell in your hands in front of your thighs and your palm facing inward, chest up and shoulder down This is your starting position.
- Lift the dumbbell upward one by one in an arc towards the shoulder and elbows should be locked to your sides.
- At the top position, you have to squeeze your biceps tightly.
- Give a pause at the top for a second and then come back slowly to the starting position.
- When you curl the dumbbell don’t use your body weight and don’t bend tour Knees.
- Most important thing is inhaling and then curl the dumbbell and exhale as you complete the movement.
- make sure that keep control on the dumbbells at all the time.
- Choose a weight according to your self that is not too heavy or nor too much light that you don’t feel the movement.
- Please, remember that heavyweight doesn’t matter but you have to do in the proper and in the right way.
- This exercise can be used as a mass building and shaping of the biceps.
- You can do 3 – 4 sets of 10 – 12 reps of heavyweight, if you focus is mass gaining.
- If you focus is fat loss then you can do 4 – 5 sets of 18 -20 reps of lightweight.
ALTERNATIVE OF THIS EXERCISE :
- Incline dumbbell curl
- Concentration curl
A. IS YOUR INITIAL POSITION
B. IS YOUR FINAL POSITION ( PERFORM THE EXERCISE ONE ARM AT A TIME )
WHILE YOU CURL THE DUMBBELL UPWARDS MAKE SURE THAT DON’T GO BACKWARD AND BEND YOUR KNEES
MAINLY TARGETS YOUR BICEPS BRACHII MUSCLES ( LONG HEAD AND SHORT HEAD OF THE BICEPS )