- Dumbbell Preacher curl is one of the important and excellent exercises that helps you in increasing the size of the bicep and also this exercise helps you in building a great muscular biceps.
- Dumbbell Preacher curl in your workout is a smart choice if you want to build a well-developed biceps.
- When you perform the dumbbell preacher curl it adds size and shape to the end of the lower bicep means around the elbow.
- This exercise mainly targets your brachii muscle that is long head and short head of the biceps and also targets your brachialis muscle that is outer bicep muscle, while also provide a secondary forearm workout.
- One of the biggest factors is, this exercise effective in increasing the bulk of the biceps.
- This exercise also beneficial to those who have back and shoulder problems. this seated position helps to remove pressure from the low back and also elbows against the pad prevent sway of the arms.
TRAINER’S TIPS :
- Using a regular preacher curl machine, hold a dumbbell in one hand downwards with a secure underhand grip and your palm facing upwards. Lock your elbows against the pad of the machine. This is your starting position.
- Slowly curl the dumbbell upwards in an arc towards your shoulder and your elbow should be locked in place against the pad.
- This exercise is performed with a full range of motion so, at the top, you have to squeeze your bicep
- Give a pause at the top position for a second and then come back slowly to the starting position and repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
- Most important thing is inhaling and then curl the dumbbell and exhale as you complete the movement.
- Choose a weight according to your self that is not too heavy or nor too much light that you don’t feel the movement.
- Please, remember that heavyweight doesn’t matter but you have to do in proper and in the right way.
- For a muscular endurance 12 – 15 reps of around 1 -2 sets is a great start for beginners.
- If you want a muscular strength and mass gain then you can do 8 – 10 reps of 3 – 4 sets and try to increase the resistance after each set.
- If your focus is fat loss then you can do 4 -5 sets of 15 -18 reps of lightweight.
- Only train your bicep once per week for the best result, because this is a smaller muscle group don’t overtrain them.
ALTERNATIVE OF THIS EXERCISE :
- EZ-bar Preacher curl
- Cabel preacher curl
- Lying high bench barbell curl
STEP 1. IS YOUR INITIAL POSITION
STEP 2. IS YOUR FINAL POSITION
GO FULL RANGE
GET FULL STRETCH
Targets your brachii muscle that is long head and short head of the biceps and also targets your brachialis muscle that is outer bicep muscle, while also provide a secondary forearm workout.