Benefits of bar preacher curl :
- EZ-Bar preacher curl is one of the important and excellent exercises that help you in increasing the size of the biceps and also this exercise helps you in building a great muscular bicep.
- EZ-Bar preacher curl does not take it easy on your bicep, it is one of the best mass building exercises. And this exercise in your workout is a great choice if you want to build a well-developed biceps.
- This is not compound exercises that work with any muscle groups. This exercise truly targets your biceps muscles that are brachialis muscle, outer bicep muscle. While also provide a secondary forearm workout.
- One of the biggest factors of this exercise helps in increasing the bulk of the bicep.
TRAINER’S TIPS :
- Using a regular preacher curl machine, Grab the bar with inner handle grip with both hands downwards with a secure underhand grip and your palm facing upwards. Lock your elbows against the pad of the machine. This is your starting position.
- Slowly curl the bar upward in an arc towards your shoulder and your elbows should be locked in place against the thigh.
- This exercise is performed with a full range of motion so, at the top, you have to squeeze your bicep.
- Give a pause at the top position for a second and then come back slowly to the starting position.
- Most important thing is inhaling and then curl the bar and exhale as you complete the movement.
- Choose a weight according to your self that is not too heavy or nor too much light that you don’t feel the movement.
- For muscular endurance 12 – 15 reps of around 1 -2 sets is a great start for beginners.
- If you want a muscular strength and mass gain then you can do 8 -10 reps of 3 – 4 sets and try to increase the resistance after each set.
- If your focus is fat loss then you can do 4 -5 sets of 15 -18 reps of light weight.
- make sure that only train your biceps once per week for the best result, because this is a smaller muscle group don’t overtrain them.
ALTERNATIVE OF EZ-BAR PREACHER CURL :
- One arm dumbbell preacher curl
- Cabel preacher curl
STEP 1. IS YOUR INITIAL POSITION
STEP 2. IS YOUR FINAL POSITION
GO FULL RANGE
GET FULL STRETCH
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION :
STANDARD GRIP – WORK WITH THE WHOLE BICEP THAT IS BRACHII AND BRACHIALIS MUSCLES.
CLOSE GRIP – WORL WITH OUTER BICEPS THAT IS ONLY BRACHIALSI MUSCLES.
WIDE GRIP – WORK WITH INNER BICEPS THAT IS ONLY BRACHCII MUSCLES.