The dumbbell bench press or flat dumbbell press is one of the most popular exercises used for complete chest development.
TRAINER’S TIPS :
- Sit on a flat bench, hold two dumbbells, and keep them in the resting position on top of the thighs so that your palms are facing each other.
- While you holding two dumbbells, the dumbbell should be gripped to the side of your chest and your elbow and forearm should be creating 90% angle.
- Push the dumbbell upwards with the help of your chest muscles, lock your arms and Squeeze your chest and then hold the position for a second.
- Ensure that throughout this exercise your head and your back is resting on the bench and is not lifting at any time.
- Carry weight according to your self, as much as you can.
- Heavyweight doesn’t matter but you have to do in the proper and right way.
- You can do 3 sets of 12 reps. if your focus is mass gaining.
- If your focus is fat loss, then you can do 18 – 20 reps of 4 – 5 sets.