- Hammer curl is one of the important and excellent exercises that help you increase the size of the biceps. And also this exercise helps you in building a great looking biceps.
- When you perform the hammer curl its target your bicep and forearm muscles, these are only two muscles involve when you lift the weight.
- This exercise mainly targets your brachialis muscles that are outer biceps muscles and also targets the brachii muscles that is long head and short head of the biceps.
- This exercise works with the whole bicep while also providing a secondary forearm workout.
- This exercise important because it makes the strengthens and develop the biceps muscles.
- Hammer curl can be performed as either mass building and shape the biceps.
TRAINER’S TIPS :
- Position your self on a flat bench with dumbbells in your hands to the side of your body and your palms facing inwards, chest up and shoulder down. this is your starting position.
- Lift the dumbbells upwards one by one in an arc towards your shoulder and elbows should be locked to your sides. do not allow them to come forward as you curl the weight up. when you curl the dumbbells upwards make sure that your palm should be facing inwards.
- At the top position, you have to squeeze your biceps tightly.
- Give a pause at the top movement for a second and then back slowly to the starting position.
- When you curl the dumbbell upward don’t use your body weight and don’t go backward.
- Most important thing is inhaling and then curl the dumbbell and exhale as you complete the movement.
- Choose a weight according to your self that is not too heavy or nor too much light that you don’t feel the movement.
- Please, remember heavy doesn’t matter but you have to do in the proper and in the right way.
- Just do 1 – 2 sets of 10 – 12 reps of lightweight, if you are a beginner.
- You can do 3 – 4 sets of 10 – 12 reps of heavyweight, if you focus is mass gaining.
- If you focus is fat loss then you can do 4 – 5 sets of 15 – 18 reps of lightweight.
ALTERNATIVE OF THIS EXERCISE :
- Cross body hammer curl
- Preacher hammer dumbbell curl
STEP 1. IS YOUR INITIAL POSITION
STEP 2. IS YOUR FINAL POSITION ( PERFORM THE EXERCISE ONE ARM AT TIME )
GO FULL RANGE
GET FULL STRETCH
TARGETS YOUR BRACHIALIS MUSCLE THAT IS OUTER BICEP MUSCLE AND ALSO TARGETS YOUR BRACHII MUSCLE THAT IS LONG HEAD AND SHORT HEAD OF THE BICEP WHILE ALSO PROVIDE A SECONDARY FOREARM WORKOUT.