- The incline barbell bench press is an upper body strengthening exercises that target mainly chest while also provide a secondary workout to the shoulder and triceps.
- Incline barbell bench press is one of the most important exercises to build the chest.
- This exercise in your workout is a smart choice if you want to build a great chest. And gives you the great illusion of chest.
TRAINER’S TIPS :
- Many benches are fixed at a very steep angle, but you have to ensure that angle of your body on an incline bench is 30 – 45 degree.
- Grab a barbell with an overhand grip that’s shoulder width apart and hold it above your chest, Extend arms upward, locking out your elbows.
- Push the barbell upward and locking your elbows, While pushing the barbell upwards to squeeze your chest and then hold the position for a second.
- Ensure that throughout this exercise your head and your back is resting on the bench and is not lifting at any time.
- Most important thing is inhaling and then push the barbell and exhale as you complete the movement.
- Carry weight according to your self, as much as you can or nor lightweight that you don’t feel the movement.
- Heavyweight doesn’t matter but you have to do in the proper and in the right way. Your form should be accurate.
- If you focus is muscular strength and mass gain then you can do 2 – 3 sets of 8 -10 repetitions and try to increase the weight after each set or repetitions also.
- You can do 3 – 4 sets of 8 – 10 reps of heavyweight If your focus is mass gaining. Try to increase the weight after each set or repetitions also.
- If your focus is a fat loss so you can do 4 – 5 sets of 18 – 20 reps of lightweight.
ALTERNATIVE OF INCLINE BARBELL BENCH PRESS :
- Single arm dumbbell bench press
- Incline dumbbell bench press
TARGET MUSCLES GROUP :
- Incline barbell bench press targets your upper chest that is clavicular portion and pectoralis major muscles and other muscles affected are deltoids that is your shoulder muscles and also affect the triceps muscles.
STEP 1 IS YOUR INITIAL POSITION
STEP 2 IS YOUR FINAL POSITION
TARGETS YOUR UPPER CHEST THAT IS CLAVICULAR PORTION AND PECTORALIS MAJOR MUSCLES AND OTHER MUSCLES AFFECTED ARE DELTOIDS THAT IS YOUR SHOULDER MUSCLES AND ALSO AFFECT THE TRICEPS MUSCLES