- The incline dumbbell bench press is an upper body strengthening exercise that targets the chest, shoulder, triceps.
- Incline dumbbell bench press is one of the most important exercises to build the chest.
- Incline dumbbell bench press targets your upper chest that is clavicular portion and pectoralis major muscles and other muscles affected are deltoids that is your shoulder muscles and also affect the triceps muscles.
Trainer’s tips :
- Many benches are fixed at a very steep angle, but you have to ensure that the angle of your body on an incline bench is 30 – 45 degree.
- Lie your back on the bench and hold a pair of dumbbell directly above your shoulders with your arms fully extended.
- Lock your arms at the top, hold for a second, and then start slowly.
- Come down slowly until you feel the dumbbells comes to the side of your chest.
- Be ensure keep full control on the dumbbells at all time.
- At the top position pause just for a second or squeeze your chest muscles and then come back slowly to the starting position.
- Keep the elbows close to your sides throughout this exercise.
- Ensure that throughout this exercise your head and your back is resting on the bench and is not lifting at any time.
- Most important thing is inhaling and then push the dumbbell and exhale as you complete the movement.
- Carry weight according to your self, as much as you can or nor too much light that you don’t feel the movement.
- Please, remember that heavyweight doesn’t matter but you have to do in the proper and in the right way. Your form should be accurate.
- If your focus is muscular strength and mass gain then you can do 2 – 3 sets of 10 -12 repetitions of heavyweight and try o increase the weight after each set or repetitions also.
- You can do 3 -4 sets of 10 -12 reps if your focus is mass gaining. Try to increase the weight after each set or repetitions also.
- If your focus is fat loss, then you can do 4 – 5 sets of 18 – 20 repetitions of lightweight.
ALTERNATIVE OF THIS EXERCISE :
- Smith machine incline bench press ( Smith machine – barbell attached to the machine )
GO FULL RANGE
GET FULL STRETCH
TARGETS YOUR UPPER CHEST MUSCLES THAT IS CLAVICULAR PORTION AND PECTORALIS MAJOR MUSCLES AND OTHER MUSCLES AFFECTED ARE DELTOIDS THAT IS YOUR SHOULDER MUSCLES AND ALSO AFFECT THE TRICEPS MUSCLES