- Incline dumbbell curl is one of the important and excellent exercises that help you increase the size of the biceps. this exercise helps you in building a great looking biceps.
- When you perform the incline dumbbell curl its targets your biceps, forearms, and shoulder muscles, these are only three muscles when you lift the weight.
- This exercise mainly targets your brachialis muscles that are outer biceps muscles and also targets the brachii muscles that is long head and short head of the biceps.
- This exercise is important because it strengthens and develops the biceps muscles.
- Incline dumbbell curl can be performed as either mass building and shape the biceps.
- The incline position of the bench allows the user to fully extend his arms so that work the whole bicep.
- Many benches are fixed at a very steep angle, but you have to ensure that angle of your body on an incline bench is about to 45-degree.
- Lie your back on the incline bench with dumbbells in your hands to the sides of your body and your palms facing towards and both feet planted securely on the floor. this is your starting position.
- Lift the dumbbell upward one by one in an arc towards your shoulders and elbows should be a lock to your sides.
- At the top position, you have to squeeze your biceps tightly.
- Give a pause at the top movement for a second and then back slowly to the starting position.
- Most important thing is inhaling and then curl the dumbbell and exhale as you complete the movement.
- Make sure that keep full control on the dumbbell at all the time.
- Choose a weight according to your self that is not too heavy or nor too much light that you don’t feel the movement.
- Please, remember heavyweight doesn’t matter but you have to do in the proper and in the right way.
- Just do 1 – 2 sets of 10 – 15 sets of lightweight, if you are a beginner.
- You can do 3 – 4 sets of 10 – 12 reps of heavy weight if your focus is Mass gaining. Try to increase the weight after each set or repetitions also.
- If your focus is fat loss, then you can do 4 – 5 sets of 18 – 20 reps of lightweight.
ALTERNATIVE OF THIS EXERCISE :
- Drag curl
A. IS YOUR INITIAL POSITION
B. IS YOUR FINAL POSITION ( PERFORM THE EXERCISE ONE ARM AT A TIME OR TWO )
GO FULL RANGE
GET FULL STRETCH
TARGETS YOUR BICEP MUSCLES THAT IS BRACHIALIS ( OUTER BICEPS MUSCLES), BRACHII ( LONG HEAD AND SHORT HEAD OF THE BICEPS ) AND ALSO TARGETS YOUR SHOULDER AND FOREARM MUSCLES.