- Incline dumbbell fly is an upper body strengthening exercise that targets the chest.
- Incline dumbbell fly is one of the most important exercises to build the chest.
- Incline dumbbell fly in your workout is a smart choice if you want to build a well-developed chest.
TRAINER’S TIPS :
- From the starting position hold the dumbbell upon your chest and keep your arms straight and your palms facing inwards, and then down the dumbbell into fly position and go deep but not too deep.
- Ensure that do not allow the dumbbells below the level of your back otherwise you may be suffering from the shoulder injury.
- When you have reached the bottom of the fly motion and bring the dumbbell back up together to the starting position.
- Make sure that while you pushing the dumbbell upward or at the top position you have to squeeze your chest muscles, and also ensures that keep full control on the dumbbells at all the time.
- Most important thing is inhaling and then push the dumbbell and exhale as you complete the movement.
- Carry weight according to your self, as much as you can or nor too much lightweight that you don’t feel the movement.
- Please, remember heavy doesn’t matter but you have to do in the proper and in the right way. Your form should be accurate.
- If you want to build a muscular endurance and mass gain then you can do 2 – 3 sets of 10 -12 repetitions and try to increase the weight after each set.
- you can do 3 – 4 sets of 8 – 10 reps of heavy weight if your focus is mass gaining. Try to increase the weight after each set or repetitions also.
- If your focus is fat loss then you can do, 4 – 5 sets of 18 – 20 reps of lightweight.
ALTERNATIVE OF THIS EXERCISE :
- Butterfly chest
- Cabel crossover
- Flat dumbbell flyes
- People perform the incline dumbbell fly with the intentions of strengthening their upper-body muscles. These exercise targets the sternal head of your pectoralis major muscles which found in your chest and also develop the deltoids, bicep, triceps.
- Better than push-ups, according to the research it generates the more ability in your pecs better than push-ups.
- This exercise gives benefits not only the chest but also contributes to the bones, joints, ligaments.
GO FULL RANGE
GET FULL STRETCH
TARGETS YOUR STERNAL PECTORALS MAJOR, UPPER PECTORALIS MAJOR, AND DELTOID MUSCLES