Benefits of reverse grip barbell curl :
- Reverse grip barbell curl is one of the important and excellent exercises that helps you in increasing the size of the biceps. And also this exercise helps you in building a great muscular bicep. This exercise gives you the great illusion of the biceps.
- Reverse grip barbell curl mainly targets your bicep brachii that is long head and short head of the bicep and brachialis that is outer biceps muscles.
- This exercise is also very effective for forearm muscles due to the positioning of the hands of the barbell.
how to perform a reverse curl :
- When you performing the reverse curl you can either use EZ-bar barbell curl or straight barbell.
- Don’t think that you can lift a similar weight like you’d usually use regular, the short answer is NO.
- Start with around half of the weight that you’d use regularly and of course, you can increase the weight after each set. But it’s important that your form is right.
TRAINER’S TIPS :
- Stand straight with the barbell in your hand in front of your thigh and your palm facing downwards, chest up and shoulder down. This is your starting position.
- Curl the barbell upward in an arc towards your shoulder and your elbows should be locked to your sides.
- At the top position, you have to squeeze your biceps tightly.
- Give a pause at the top position for a second and then slowly come back to the starting position.
- Most important thing is inhaling and then curl the barbell and exhale as you complete the movement.
- Choose a weight according to your self that is not too heavy or nor too much light that you don’t feel the movement.
- For muscular endurance 12 -15 reps of around 1 – 2 sets are great for beginners.
- If you want a muscular strength and mass gain then you can do 8 -10 reps of 3 – 4 sets and try to increase the resistance after each set.
- If your focus is fat loss then you can do 4 -5 sets of 15 -18 reps of light weight.
- Make sure that only train your biceps once per week for the best results, because this is a smaller muscle group don’t overtrain them.
ALTERNATIVE OF REVERSE GRIP BARBELL CURL :
- Reverse plate curl
- Reverse cable curl
GO FULL RANGE
GET FULL STRETCH
REVERSE GRIP BARBELL CURL MAINLY TARGETS YOUR BICEP BRACHII MUSCLE ( LONG HEAD AND SHORT HEAD OF THE BICEPS ) AND BRACHIALIS MUSCLE ( OUTER BICEPS).
THIS EXERCISE IS ALSO VERY EFFECTIVE FOR FOREARM MUSCLES.