Benefits of this exercise :
- The wide grip pull-ups is an advanced bodyweight exercise that makes the strength in your back and gives you the great illusion of the back. While also provide a secondary workout in your shoulder, biceps, and forearms.
- The wide grip position mainly emphasizes on your back by reducing the resistance on your bicep and forearms.
- Wide grip pull-ups build size and strength in the inner area of the upper lat.
- This exercise in your workout is a smart choice if you want to build a well developed back. Because it provides and increases muscular strength, stability, endurance, and flexibility.
- It also conducts a statement of strength and power.
- A strong back ensures that you have good posture.
- All joints including the wrist, elbow, and shoulder are challenged to move and stretch in full range during this exercise which increases the flexibility and realistic mobility.
TRAINER’S TIPS :
- Find a pull-up bar and then grab the bar with a secure overhand grip and your hand’s shoulder-width apart and your palm facing towards. Allow your arms to hang in a fully extended position. This is your starting position.
- Next, slowly pull up your body upwards as high as possible and try to touch your chin to the pull-up bar. when you pull-up your body upwards make sure that your back should be straight, chest up and your elbows should be facing downwards.
- At the top position, you have to squeeze you back tightly.
- Give a pause at the top position just for a second, and then come back slowly to the starting position.
- Most important thing is inhaling and then pull-up your body and exhale as you complete the movement.
- Please, remember that you have to do in the proper and in the right way. your form should be accurate.
- If you are a beginner you can only perform a few repetitions because this is a difficult exercise so don’t get frustrated.
- If you want muscular endurance and mass gain then you can do 2 -3 sets of 12 -15 reps and try to increase the weight after each set or repetitions also.
- You can add weight or resistance to your waist and feet if you do advance level workout.
- If your focus is fat loss then you can do more repetitions as much as you can and take support from another person.
OTHER EXERCISES TO USE / ALTERNATIVE :
- Two arm barbell rows
- Machine Rows
GO FULL RANGE
GET FULL STRETCH
TARGETS YOUR LATISSIMUS DORSI AND TERES MAJOR MUSCLES OF THE BACK