- Wide grip lat pulldown is one the most important exercise to build the outer part of the upper lat and developing the width of your lats.
- Wide grip lat pulldown gives you the classic V- shape and creates an illusion of the smallest waist.
- It also conducts a statement of strength and power.
- A strong back ensures that you have a good posture.
- It is one of the good back exercises for those who cannot do wide grip pull ups.
TRAINER’S TIPS :
- Position your self on the lat pulldown machine and your thighs must be secured under the pad.
- Grab the bar with your hands little wider than your shoulder width and your palms facing towards.
- Slowly pull the bar straight in front of you and it is positioned at the upper part of your chest.
- When you pull the bar straight in front of your chest give a pause at this position just for a second and get the full stretch and then lowly come back to the starting position.
- The position will depend on your level of flexibility in your shoulders that you how much you can pull the bar straight in front of your upper chest.
- While you pulling the bar your elbows should be pointed towards the sides, not in the forwarding direction.
- Most important thing is inhaling and then pull the bar and exhale as you complete the movement.
- Please, remember to choose a weight that is not too heavy that you are lifted off the seat nor to light that you don’t feel the movement.
- If you want a muscular endurance and mass gain
- You can do 3 – 4 sets of 10 – 12 reps of heavy weight if your focus is mass gaining.
- If your focus is fat loss then you can do 4 – 5 sets of 18 – 20 reps of lightweight.
- Make sure that grip the bar widely and feel the squeeze in your lats while you pulling the bar.
ALTERNATIVE OF LAT PULLDOWN :
- Regular pull-ups
- Low bar pull-ups
- Dumbbell Rows
- Bent-over Barbell Rows
STEP 1 IS YOUR INITIAL POSITION
STEP 2 IS YOUR FINAL POSITION
GO FULL RANGE
GET FULL STRETCH
MAINLY TARGETS YOUR LATS MUSCLES WHICH IS MAIN WHEN YOU PERFORM THIS EXERCISE AND ALSO PROVIDE A SECONDARY WORKOUT TO THESE MUSCLES THAT IS TRAP AND REAR DELTOIDS AND FOREARMS ALSO